The Ministry of Children and Family Development has developed emergency measures regarding the 48-month time limit on the Agreements with Young Adults (AYA) Program. The intention of these measures is to prevent young adults currently on AYA from having to draw down from their 48-month time limit of AYA support due to any program interruptions or pauses, or the inability to find employment during a natural program break, because of COVID-19. This change is also intended to prevent those who will turn 27 years old from becoming ineligible for AYA if they are unable to complete their program before their 27th birthday as a result of the pandemic.
We’re here to help
If you are a young adult currently accessing the AYA program and you believe the circumstances listed above have applied to you since March 17, 2020, please contact your AYA worker, or Provincial Centralized Screening at 1-800-663-9122 and to explore resources and supports.
You can also call a Representative for Children and Youth who can support you in making the right connections within your local MCFD or DAA office: email@example.com or call 1-800-476-3933.
COVID-19 information and resources
- For non-medical-related questions about COVID-19, call 1-888-COVID19 (1-888-268-4319). Service is available from 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. seven days a week.
- Call 811 or your primary care provider if you are concerned you may have been exposed to or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- For general health-related questions, call 1-833-784-4397. Service is available from 7:00 a.m. to midnight EST.
- For general information on COVID-19, see the BC Centre for Disease Control online resources at http://covid-19.bccdc.ca/
- If you think you may have symptoms, the BC Centre for Disease Control’s self-assessment tool can help you determine if you need further assessment of testing for COVID-19: http://covid19.thrive.health
- Agreements with Young Adults (AYA) program as part of the ministry’s response during the COVID-19 pandemic. The regulation update in full can be found here.